Collections are a way of grouping selections of artworks together. These can then be retrieved for printing or display purposes by searching in Artworks using the dedicated search features on the Artwork Advanced Search screen or from the Collections screen itself.
Collections vs Consignments
Collections allow you to create groups of artworks, whether or not those artworks have any stock available. You can add artworks to any number of Collections.
- Groups artworks for prospective clients
- Create separate Collections for themes in your collection such as portraits and landscapes
- Exhibition lists using the Collection feature lets you specify different prices for artworks then their listed retail price
Consignments are used to specifically place artworks in your collection or gallery out to another venue. If artworks are not available then they cannot be placed out on consignment.
- Loan artworks from your collection to public institutions
- Place artworks from your gallery at art fairs
- Collectors can use consignment documents to place artworks at auction
- Artists can place artworks on consignment at a gallery
Using Artwork Collections
- Use the Home button then the Collections button.
The Collections Screen
Where existing Collections are listed and new Collections are added.
- Create a new collection.
- Collections can be marked as Public. Public collections are designed to allow clients to view a collection without access to other components of Tessera. Use this button to enter the Public Collection screen.
- Access existing collections by clicking on the relevant Collections button.
Individual Collection Management
- Give the Collection a suitable title.
- Add general comments.
- Leave this screen and view the artworks on the Artwork Edit screen.
- Use the Artwork Print and Export screen with the artworks in this Collection.
- Copy the text details of this Collection to the Clipboard.
- Remove all artworks and then delete this Collection.
- The Public Collections feature lets you mark individual collections as Public. Public Collections are accessed from the Main Collections Screen and are designed to allow clients to access selected Collections for viewing purposes only.
- Use this button to add any number of artworks to a Collection.
Collection Management Line Items
- Click here to review details of this entry.
- Entries can be given numbers most often used as Catalogue numbers when using a Collection as a way to create a catalogue of artworks.
- This field is automatically populated with the retail price but this can be altered to any value without effecting the original artwork retail price. This allows creation of collections to be used as catalogues of artworks where the price remains as a record of the price at the time of the catalogue creation.
- If you use a Collection as a record of a stocktake you can enter the relevant totals in this field.
Public Collections and Security
- Public collections are designed for clients to browse. Clients only have access to the public collections and need a password to exit the Public Collections Feature. Note: Security should be enabled in Tessera for this feature to work as expected.
Caution: If security is not enabled clients will be able to exit the public collections screen and access the other components of Tessera.
Public collections over the internet
If you’re hosting Tessera using FileMaker Pro Server then you can enable webdirect This feature of FileMaker Pro Server allows a client using most browsers to access Tessera. With Security enabled in Tessera they will be able to log in to Tessera use the “Guest” button. The Guest button is enabled from within security. Using the Guest button takes the client to the Public Collections screen where they can browse the collections available as they would any webpage.