There are a number of fields in the Artwork Component accompanied by “Starred” buttons. This indicates that the field also includes the option to add additional values beyond what can be added to the field itself. For example it may be for historical works that there are a number of different titles under which the artwork is known. Clicking on the Starred icon reveals a field that allows you to add any number of additional values, once an initial value has been added in the primary field, where each value is separated by a new paragraph.
Fields in Tessera accompanied by a star icon belong to The Dublin Core Metadata Element Set. This is a vocabulary of fifteen properties for use in resource description widely used by a range of organizations interested in facilitating movement of data between organizations.
Use of these fields in Tessera allows data to be moved out from Tessera in a format suitable and familiar to many other bodies who utilize the Dublin core standard.
For more information use the button provided under the starred icon.
• Invoice lines now appear on invoices as expected.
• Preferences and registration now import s expected.
• Invoice numbers now increment as expected.
• Duplicate keywords and Custom field names now allowable.
Artwork Edit screen now features a multi-screen layout allowing quick and easy access to artwork features.
Up to twenty Custom fields now accessible at any one time.
New artwork screen now includes a wider range of fields.
Artwork image names now appear where possible with images.
Image names are searchable under Artworks Advanced Search.
The Manage Stock button gives you access to the Stock/Sales Screen where you add and adjust stock levels for the current artwork.
When an artwork is created at least one item of stock is likely to have been automatically added. You can amend this number using this button and can add or remove stock by adding new stock records. The current level of stock is calculated as a product of all the stock you’ve entered, less stock sold and less stock out on consignment.
(For detailed stock reports use the Inventory Report accessible from the Reports screen accessed via the Tessera screen).
Managing Stock Levels
To add more stock access the Stock/Sales management screen from the Artwork Edit screen.
Adding stock and managing the purchase price of an artwork
- Information on the Stock/Sales screen shows that for this artwork shown two entries have been made. One for one artwork and one for two artworks. This suggests that this artwork would be an item you regularly sell that can be restocked such as jewellery or ceramics.
- The calculation used to show the remaining artworks in stock. Placing artworks out on consignment reduces the total amount of stock available.
- To add additional stock for the current artwork use the + Add Stock button.
Adding Additional Stock
- Enter the date of stock entry as this will be used in any Purchase Report you run from the Tessera Screen which report amounts spent for specified date ranges.
- For general comments.
- Enter the amount for the individual price for this artwork
- Mark when artworks include tax in the Purchase Price.
- Tax rates will have automatically been entered from settings entered in Tessera Preferences.
- Where need be the tax amount can be entered manually.
- Enter the number of stock items. Entries can be amended to zero for if need be. e.g. An artist has taken an artwork back into their studio but you want to keep a record of the artwork details while maintaining accurate stock reports.
Sales of this artwork
The Sales button also takes you to the Stock/Sales screen where you can review the sales for the current artwork. For accurate and detailed sales reports use the Advanced Sales Report.
Artworks can be placed out on consignment using the Tessera Consignment feature which is accessed from the Tessera screen. On the artwork edit screen screen the consignment field will display the number of consignments on which the current artwork is featured. Click through to the Stock/Sales screen where the related consignment reports are listed and from where they can be accessed and edited.
Download Tessera from arawak.com.au
- Once downloaded you’ll find the Tessera.dmg download in your designated download’s location which is likely to be your Download’s folder.
- If it hasn’t already been opened then double-click on the Tessera.dmg icon and the Tessera Volume icon will appear on your Desktop.
The Tessera Volume Icon
Copying Tessera to your Applications folder
- Double-clicking on the Tessera Volume Icon opens the window below and from here you drag and drop the Tessera folder onto the provided Application Alias. After a moment a copy of Tessera will have been made in your own Applications Folder.
Locate the Tessera Folder
- The Tessera Folder in your Applications Folder contains the Tessera App and your Tessera data file.
Contents of the Tessera Folder
- The data file contains any information you enter into Tessera and should be part of your daily backup routine.
- The Tessera App can be dragged into your Dock if you want to place it in an easy to reach location.
(The Tessera App and the Tessera data file need to remain in the same folder and should not be renamed).
Once Tessera has been installed you can close the installer window and safety delete the Volume Icon and the .dmg icon (1).
Download Tessera from arawak.com.au
On opening the downloaded .exe file you’ll be presented with a dialog prompting you to install Tessera on your PC. Options will include installing shortcuts.The default Location is set to be the base level of your C drive rather than your Programs or Documents folder.
The Tessera folder contains both the Tessera Application and the Tessera Data file. This data file is constantly being modified as you use Tessera. Windows does not expect programs to be altering in this manner which is why Tessera is placed where it is. Try the Tessera in other locations on your PC. The Documents folder should be OK but you may experience difficulties if Tessera is placed in the Programs folder.
To uninstall Tessera access the uninstall feature via your control panel settings.
If you have problems once Tessera is installed with entering data it may be that there’s a problem on the properties set for the Tessera folder. It may be set to “Read Only will prevent the entry of data .
- Open File Explorer, and then Tessera folder.
- Right-click the folder, click Properties, and then click the Security tab. (This step will vary depending on what version of Windows is in use)
- Click the Advanced button. … (This step will vary depending on what version of Windows is in use)
- Make sure the folder and it’s contents are not set to “Read only”
This List – of artworks is an ideal way to review and sort a number of artworks at once. Use the button provided on the List – screen to select which field appears in the left-most column. The first three choices in the menu result in bold titled columns. Selecting to sort these, and other bold columns, results in summarised details. Couple this with using the Hide Sold Artworks button to quickly review groups of available artworks.
Creating New Artworks
New artwork’s screen now includes a comprehensive list of fields for data entry including custom fields. Up to three images can now be added when creating a new artwork. Extended range of custom fields available on this screen as well.
Importing folder of images
Individual artworks now allow the import of a folder of images
The navigation board now includes access to one-click access to each View available in each component.
- Creating new client from Client List screen now works as expected
- Invoice design now correctly reflects changes to field headings on printed invoice
- Attaching documents to artworks now allows the attachment of any document
other minor alterations to ensure Tessera works as expected.
Review Stock and Sales
- Use Browse Stock and Sales to gain an overview of current sales and stock
- Select to review either sales or stock
- Filter the complete lists of artists
- Print a basic report but use the dedicated Stock or Sales Report screens for more detailed results.
- Use the Reveal Totals… button to show total
- Select an individual artist to reveal individual artist details (Once reviewing an individual artist’s works select an individual artwork to review details).