As with all releases Arawak continues to improve performance and remove any inconsistencies.
New Button Designs
Buttons for making selections are now more clearly delineated.
New Artwork Status Icon Colour
The red and green icons that indicate whether an item has stock available now have a third state where the icon can be yellow.
An artwork has an that has a yellow icon indicates that one or more artworks are out on consignment and this has temporarily reduced the available stock to zero. When that artwork is returned from consignment the icon will revert to green.
Previously an artwork with items out of consignment could reduce the available stock to zero and the icon would be displayed as red. Having the icon as yellow indicates to the user that it’s possible stock for the artwork could become available.
Other Artwork Icons
In the Artwork Component additional icons appear in a number of places.
- When highlighted this indicates this artwork has been consigned into Tessera. Clicking on this icon allows the user to toggle the consigned status on and off.
- This icon when highlighted indicates this artwork belongs to one or more artwork collections. Click on this icon for the option to add or remove this artwork from collections.
- When highlighted this icon indicates comments have been added to this artwork. Click on this icon to add, remove or amend comments.
- Artworks can be assigned a status and a status can be assigned a colour. A Status is usually a temporary state such as “Out on Loan”, “Under repair” or “Not for sale”.
- The stock status of the current artwork
- Green. There’s at least one item of stock for the current artwork available.
- Red. There’s no stock available for this artwork.
- Yellow. There’s one or more artworks out on consignment, when returned to stock the icon will display as green.
More Sort Options
Additional fields added to be displayed on list view screens allowing more choices particularly when sorting artworks.
Inclusion of valuation figures in more areas throughout Tessera
You can now select the most recent valuation of an artwork to appear on the various artwork screens as well as on Print Templates and as an option when exporting artworks.
Expanded Artwork Status Icon Function
Click on the Green, Red or Yellow Artwork Status icon and a wider range of artwork details are revealed.
- Click on the Artwork Icon where it appears in the main screens in the Artwork Component.
- Sales details now include a list of client’s who’ve purchased the current artwork along with the related invoice.
- You now have the option to move directly to the relevant client or invoice record.
- Consignment details are also displayed for the current artwork.
Updated Artworks Edit Screen
- Simpler, cleaner design for navigating the Artwork Edit screen with the inclusion of essential Artwork Icons.
Importing from previous version of Tessera
Tessera will now correctly import registration details.
If comments have been added to artworks this will be indicated in the artwork component with an icon that when clicked allows the users to add and amend comments.
A colour can now be associated with an artwork status. Clicking on the Status icon allows you to alter the status of an artwork without returning to the Edit Screen. Choose from eight colours and associate any status with any selected colour.
View Purchasers of Artworks
On the LIST, List, Batch and Edit screens you can now select to view client’s who’ve purchased an artwork. Where you have several copies of an artwork all clients will be listed and clicking on the names reveals them in list format. Clicking on a name will take you to the related client record.
Custom Fields and Artwork Image Relocated
On the Artwork Edit screen Custom Fields have been moved so that they can all be accessed at once while the thumbnail image has been enlarged and moved to the top left of the screen.
Artist’s artworks can be sorted when viewed on the Overview screen.
Individual edition entries for an artwork can now belong to “Edition Sets”. Editions Sets have unique IDs making it easy to have any number of unique artwork entries even where the entries have the same edition number.
EXAMPLES: You sell prints of your artworks or photographs. There maybe two sets of prints for the artwork. “Large” and “Small” each set of prints has 10 copies numbered 1/10 to 10/10.
You can now prevent confusing these prints by creating two Edition Sets. One named “Large Prints” on named “Small Prints”. Now it’s clearly shown on screen which print belongs to which set. At the time of sale you can easily select which print to add to an invoice.
Edition Sets also have the added feature of allowing individual pricing for each item in a Edition Set. You can set default, Locations and Mediums for sets and over-ride these for individual artworks where required.
The People Component
The main screen in the People Component has been redesigned so that user’s have immediate access to all related client activity on the one screen.
The People Component List Screen has been redesigned for easier comprehension and use of the Sort buttons will render as bold the selected sort criteria.
• Consignment documents now display artwork details as expected when artworks added to document
• Artwork Batch Screen now includes ability to select a keyword and apply it to all of the artworks being browsed.
• Artist Documents now have the option to greater range of details on printed document.
• Ability to password protect the file on opening in addition to the security enabled from the User Security Feature
• Tessera waits when closing for a few seconds to give users a chance to cancel closing. This feature can be disabled in Preferences.
• Ability to filter existing Payment Documents by date including display of totals. This gives you the option of reviewing all items paid out for a given period.
• Artwork Editions belonging to the same artwork can now be divided up into “Sets”. Each set can have different default dimensions, location, price etc. Individual editions belonging to an artwork can over-ride these settings and have their own price, location etc.
• Images can now be manually sorted. Where images appear in pop-over windows you can now scroll through all images available for the current artwork
There are a number of fields in the Artwork Component accompanied by “Starred” buttons. This indicates that the field also includes the option to add additional values beyond what can be added to the field itself. For example it may be for historical works that there are a number of different titles under which the artwork is known. Clicking on the Starred icon reveals a field that allows you to add any number of additional values, once an initial value has been added in the primary field, where each value is separated by a new paragraph.
Fields in Tessera accompanied by a star icon belong to The Dublin Core Metadata Element Set. This is a vocabulary of fifteen properties for use in resource description widely used by a range of organizations interested in facilitating movement of data between organizations.
Use of these fields in Tessera allows data to be moved out from Tessera in a format suitable and familiar to many other bodies who utilize the Dublin core standard.
For more information use the button provided under the starred icon.
• Invoice lines now appear on invoices as expected.
• Preferences and registration now import s expected.
• Invoice numbers now increment as expected.
• Duplicate keywords and Custom field names now allowable.
Artwork Edit screen now features a multi-screen layout allowing quick and easy access to artwork features.
Up to twenty Custom fields now accessible at any one time.
New artwork screen now includes a wider range of fields.
Artwork image names now appear where possible with images.
Image names are searchable under Artworks Advanced Search.