See also: Consigning Artworks out from Tessera
Galleries, studios, museums and collectors will from time to time have one or more artworks consigned to them. These artworks remain the property of the consigning owner and are placed with you for a temporary period only. Most often this will be a collection of artworks from an artist placed with a gallery for sale.
The gallery will be responsible for stock keeping and managing these artworks until such time as they are placed back with the artist or removed from the consignment if they have been sold.
They are included in stock reports and are considered as part of your stock.
Marking an artwork as having been consigned into Tessera
- When a new artwork is created use this checkbox to mark this artwork as having been consigned into Tessera by the owner. Tessera expects an owner to be entered for consigned artworks and you’ll receive a warning if this is not the case. Existing artworks entries can be marked as consigned into Tessera from the Artwork Edit Screen at any time. All stock associated with the marked artwork is considered consigned into Tessera.
Reviewing other consigned artworks
- On the Artwork Edit Screen the option to enter the date the artwork was consigned into Tessera
- Use this button adjacent to the consigned field on the Artwork Edit Screen to reveal all artworks consigned into Tessera.
Other places to review artworks consigned into Tessera
- From the home screen use tMange Consignments button to access the Consignment Access Screen.
The Consignment Access Screen
- Once on the Consignment Access Screen use the CONSIGNED IN button to review all artworks consigned into Tessera.
The Consignment Screen
- All artworks consigned into Tessera are listed here.
- Use the Edit button to alter an artwork’s consignment status.
- Filter the artworks displayed by owner and use the View these artworks… button to return to the artwork component and review the found artworks only. You can then select to print or export these artworks.
Editing edition settings from the Consignment screen
- Selecting the edit button allows the user to specify the date consigned in to alter the consignment status.
Other places you can review artworks consigned into Tessera
From the People Component of Tessera select to view the Dashboard of an artist who’s consigned artwork into Tessera.
- Under the Consignment tab you can review all consigned artworks consigned into Tessera by the current artist/owner.
- Click on an artwork to reveal more details.
Other ways to review artworks consigned to you
- Use the Stock Report and conduct a search for all artworks owned by the owner who consigned the artworks into Tessera. Use the setting that will restrict the report to just artworks marked as consigned into Tessera.
- Use the Advanced Search Function in Artworks
- Select Other Searches and then the Consigned In search button to view all artworks consigned into Tessera.