To create a new artwork either use the Keyboard shortcut of Cmd-N or use the New button
Search for a Client
Either select an existing client, create a new client or, if there is no client specified for this invoice, select Cash Sale.
Search for an Artwork
You’ll now be taken to the screen to find an artwork or other item to add to the invoice.
- Start typing the Artwork Title or the Artwork ID to filter the listed artworks.
- Use these fields to narrow your search down to specify categories or artists.
- Use this button to add any other item to an invoice. Once it’s been entered you can adjust tax settings and amounts just as you would for an artwork.
- With Auto-Select set to on then once your search has narrowed the artworks found to one artwork you’ll automatically jump to the next screen. This is useful if using a barcode scanner to scan items while the cursor is in the search field.
- Check this checkbox to only show artworks in stock that match your search terms.
- Select an artwork to add to the invoice.
Adding items to an invoice
- Select an artwork to be presented with details of the artwork before you commit it to the invoice.
- Use this button to make any amendments to the artwork entry you notice are inaccurate.
- The Invoice Price is taken from the artwork but can be altered here before you add it to the invoice. This doesn’t affect the artwork record.
- Specify the Quantity of items you’re adding to the invoice. If there aren’t enough items in stock you’ll be prevented from adding this artwork until stock levels have been increased. If an edition then the stock level will always be set to 1.
- If this artwork is an edition you’ll need to select the edition from the Edition Selector to the right of the screen.
- If there’s an amount payable on sale of this artwork it will be shown here. Details can be amended once you’ve added the item to the invoice.
- The details shown here are the description of the artwork you’re adding and have been automatically entered based on your Invoice Preference settings. You can amend this entry now or edit it at anytime once it’s been entered onto the invoice.
Other invoice features
- Add artworks or other items to this invoice.
- Add payments
- Print the current invoice
- Use the Copy button to copy the text of the invoice which you can then email or format in a different program.
- Invoices can be locked preventing inadvertent alterations and if security is enabled you’ll require a password to unlock the invoice.
- Select whether images are included on printed invoice.
Access preferences from theTessera Screen to control the printed appearance of invoices and how the serial number for invoices is automatically incremented.